I was recently interviewed by Jodi Gibson about what it’s like being an author. I share one of my days, and some tips to help aspiring authors.
My top tips for aspiring authors –
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Your path is yours, not theirs.
- Most authors don’t have their first book published. You need to learn your craft and do your apprenticeship before you’re ready to be published.
- Make author friends.
- Don’t be hard on yourself.
- Accept you will receive rejections…even after you’re published.
- Keep at it. The difference between an aspiring author and a published author, is that one didn’t give up.
- The business side of being an author is also important – whether you’re traditionally published, indie or hybrid.