I’ve been away from my blog and my writing but I’m happy to say I’m back.
Why? Good question! I was lucky to travel overseas and before I had time to recover from my jet-lag I was in Sydney for the annual Romance Writers’ of Australia conference.
These two events have inspired my creative side and I’m itching to write as much as I can.
The conference was brilliant and many of my fellow writers have written wonderful blogs about it. My highlights were –
- Having an outfit to wear at the Leather and Lace conference. I forgot my dress in Melbourne and my wonderful hubby couriered it to Sydney 🙂
- Meeting and hearing James Scott Bell talk. He happily signed my craft book on Conflict and Suspense.
- Listening to the gorgeous Cherry Adair talk about plotting and characterisation as well as imparting lots of helpful advice.
- Meeting Miranda Lee and Emma Darcy was not just a highlight of the conference but of my career, since they inspired me to write romance. I’m very privileged to have not only met them but had time to chat.
- As always, the conferences are a bonus to meet fellow writers and also catch up with my CPs and friends.